Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Superintendent

Hey All,   When you walk out the door on any given day, you  never know what will happen by the time you return. Life is unpredictable and holds many surprises.
        I spent a lot of time in my teen years roaming the creek in town.  We set traps in the fall and winter for muskrats and raccoon, caught minnows for bait in the spring and summer and swam in the creek in Eaton Park.  There were some really deep holes back then, but are no longer there today.  There was an apartment complex in town that I remember being  built when I was still pretty young. I was disappointed to see the woods and fields go, but knew that I couldn't do anything about it.
        It was September 1974. Lenny was new at school and it turns out his dad was the superintendent of this apartment complex.  I had been to their apartment and met his family, everybody seemed nice enough.  I was walking the creek as was my habit and Lenny's dad called to me...........he wanted to show me something.   A vacant apartment on the end of one of the buildings had been broken into and whoever had done it broke through the sheetrock wall to gain access to the occupied apartment next door.  He had asked me if I had seen anything, which I hadn't.   Then I thought maybe he suspected me of doing it.  The Super talked to me for awhile and then got close to me..........from behind he rubbed up against my backside and asked me if I could feel that.  At first I didn't understand, but when he grabbed my hips and started grinding his erection into my rear end, I fully understood.  I was frozen in place.....he repeatedly asked if I could feel him.  I got my wits about me and pulled away and faced him..........this was not going to happen.  He tried to talk me into something more, which I told him I couldn't and wouldn't do.   He made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone what had happened before he would let me leave...........I was a bit scared, so I promised.    I kept this secret as I had many others........they all had the same thing in common.   I felt if I went home with this story, that I would get my ass kicked from the folks.  That I would be teased by my brothers.............and the Beast might get more ideas of his own.  I couldn't risk it. I avoided Lenny and the Apartment Complex after that day.  I would take the long way around,  away from the creek if I was walking through.  I wondered if Lenny had experienced something like this...........he was a rough around the edges type of kid.............. always seemed to want to prove how tough he was.  The super and his family eventually moved away...........and I added this experience to the stockpile of things I had to keep secret.  It may be difficult to understand...............but by burying these things I didn't have to admit they were real.  If I was the only one that remembered or knew...................then I could act as if I was like everyone else,,,,,,,,,,,that I had a normal kid, with a normal family and experienced normal events.....................that I could blend in and no one would notice. This way I could exist without risk of another attack or ridicule...............yeah, it may not have been "living", but I would take a peaceful existence any day.    How I actually felt about what has happened..............was.that I was some sort of freak, a loser, that I caused this and it's my fault they happened.  After all..................how could so many bad things happen to one person?
                                Until next time......................................God Bless.

No comments: