Friday, November 18, 2011

213th Avn Co (ASH)

Hey all,   This story is not one that will reflect a positive light on myself.  I can only relate what I thought and how I felt that day...............I was a model soldier................but I lost my way.
       I was in a relationship with a Korean woman and thought at first she was the one...........Yeah, I was 20 years old.  I had been warned from my 1st SGT and a fellow soldier that she was bad news, but I wouldn't listen.  She cared for me.........said she loved me..............the void I had for so long was finally filled.  Damn, I was young......... and an idiot.   I eventually found out that she was using drugs and through several arguments with her, I decided one day. that this wasn't for me.
        I had my own apartment down town, which I furnished and was responsible for the rent.  I had my fill of having daily battles with a woman who wouldn't remember what we argued about....................so I decided that we were done.  It was a Sunday night,  I told her that I would go to my room in the barracks for the night and she would have to move....................I couldn't and wouldn't live his way anymore.  It will live in my memory forever.........................a woman crying, hugging both my legs as tight as she could.......................begging me not to leave.....................please, give her another chance.   How many chances and how many times did we have to do this ?  It was hard,  but I stuck to my guns and followed through...............doing so, I wrote another page in a long line of personal disasters.
     I went to my favorite bar.  I had no money, but the manger let me open a tab, as he had done so many times in the past.  I sat having my first beer...............when she came in  and sat down next to me.  She had regained her composure...............was friendly and talkative..............I thought, good, she accepted our situation.   I was about to find out how stupid I really was.  I bought her a beer on my tab and we talked.  She asked me if I remembered a certain set of circumstances........I said I did.........at that point she informed me she had gone for an abortion...............I was more than a little hurt.  I guess that was the point.  I downed my beer and ordered another..............  about halfway through that one, I left her sitting there and and went to the men's room.    I returned and finished my beer and had another.................and started feeling sick.  I walked to the back of the bar and asked Gus, a SGT, if he would walk me the 1/4 mile to the gate................something was wrong, I didn't feel very good.  We worked together.......he was the only one I knew there that night.   He told me "F**** Y**, I got some p**** lined up.  You're on your own".  I walked to the door..............I wish I could tell you all that happened next.  I remember bits and pieces....................I was told the rest.  I went out the back door of the bar, which housed a restaurant and broke a plate glass window as I fell into it..............I was found passed out laying face down in the alley, not far from the restaurant.  A undercover officer,( I didn't know that at the time), whom I played pool with regularly, found me and called the MPs.  I was to be taken back to my barracks and put to bed.  I woke up as I was carried over an MPs' shoulder..................and I was not an nice person.  I was dropped on the ground.................and then became defensive.  Seven men...............American and Korean...........couldn't put handcuffs on me.  I was being attacked and I was pissed.  I stood with my back to a wall..............and when they came in and tried to grab me.................I grabbed them and  tossed them.  The undercover MP told me later that he never saw anything like it..............and I didn't hurt anyone.  At one point, I just smiled, turned around, put my head against the wall and my hands behind my back.  I was arrested.
      I woke up in the brig..........I was choking on my vomit.....had inhaled it.  I was taken to the dispensary for treatment.........................out of cuffs........no restraints.  At some point, I asked for my smokes.................I was told by the SGT in charge, no way . I said f*** you, I'm leaving.... and walked out the door.   The SGT followed me out and grabbed me from behind in the dark.............I broke free and and broke a few of his fingers........bruised a few of his ribs............. along with his face.   The MPs were called back........I was arrested again. This time I was tied down to a gurney.  I was talked to by a medic for quite a while...............and released from my restraints.   The Captain in charge of the Dispensary that night wasn't happy with me...................he came back as I laid there with my eyes closed, almost asleep...............he threw water in my face and said "I won't have any drunks sleeping it off in my dispensary",.  I didn't open my eyes....................but anything and everything that I could lay my hands on ,I threw or broke.  Yeah, MPs were called again.
       I woke up in my bed in the barracks.....................my wrists were raw from chaffing.........but I couldn't figure out how.   I showered and went to the motorpool to open up.   A couple of hours later, the 1st SGT Taylor called.  He asked if I was ready to go to jail.  I actually laughed.................told him that was funny.  He told me that I was being charged with drunk and disorderly, destruction of private property, resisting arrest, destruction of government property and assaulting an NCO. 
       All charges were dropped aginst me except the drunk and disorderly.  I paid out of pocket for the broken window.  I was a patient.....not to be treated in the manner I was,  the only personnel permitted to physically restrain military personnel are the MPs.  I was required to attend Psych counseling for 6 months.
        The undercover investigator found I had only charge six beers that night and I didn't drink all of them.  They believe my ex-girlfriend spiked my drink.  She disappeared....................left town...............with everything I owned in the apartment...........cleared it out.  I lost my passes for two weeks.    Gus and I had a talk..............".your .tough  luck buddy."...............my  problem.  I didn't know it at the time, but, Gus and I would have another encounter down town. 
                                       Until next time..............................God Bless.

No comments: