Saturday, December 31, 2011

Visit to the Dentist

Hey All,  I guess that there are many people that dislike going to the dentist.  I 'm not all that fond of going either.............but, you got to go eventually.  This time was Tommys' turn to go.............
      Tommy planted his feet and told Mom, flat out, he wasn't going.  They argued back and forth for some time..........Mom told him, that if he didn't go, that she still would have to pay for the visit anyway.  That made no difference to Tom................he wasn't going.  Mom came to me and asked if I would go instead............She explained the circumstances.  I didn't mind going.............I was going to be next anyway.  I got cleaned up, changed my clothes, hopped on my bike and rode down in to Hatboro.  I explained the swap at the dentists office and everything went okay.  When I came out of his office it was raining.  Great!  Just what I wanted............to ride home and get soaking wet!  I rode with my head down trying not to get rain in my eyes as I peddled my way through town.  I was pretty miserable by the time I was most of the home............I was crossing the entrance to Stony Brook Apartments when I was knocked over and pinned to ground.  Instinctively, I reached out for anything that I could get my hands on.................I found a hood ornament.  The driver of a light green Ford Mustang had not looked right and hit me.  He continued to pull in to traffic........  I'm sure he was surprised to see a hand clawing at his hood.  Fortunately he noticed and put it reverse...........dragging me and the bicycle back off of Old York Road.  I was able to slip my leg out from under the bumper and between the bike.   An ambulance was called and I took a trip to Abington Hospital.  Shock must have set in..................on the way I just started to cry.    The EMT who was an older woman........to me she was anyway......................snapped at me and told me sternly, "don't you dare cry".  Funny thing.............I stopped........just like that.
       I was very fortunate...........aside from being a little banged up and bruised...........I was okay.  Mom got money for my bike from the insurance and a lot of drinking money.  I did get a new 10 speed bike out of it...............I only had it for two weeks before it was totaled.though......................that's another story.  My Guardian Angel sure has been busy.
                                      Until the next time.....................................God Bless


No comments: