Sunday, December 18, 2011

Short Circuit

Hey All,    Most everyone of us, has a moment or two that we react without thought.....................just pure emotion.  This is not the most recommended way to approach our difficulties..........................................but many times...............it's the most honest and straight-forward.
       In the Spring of 1984.................when Charlie, his birth mother, and I came to the USA from Korea,...........well, we had issues we had to work through ...............except we didn't.  Sounds like many couples I know.........................but many couples didn't have our circumstances either.  Trust is given to another, with only so much rope.....................................all trust from that point onward is earned.  I tried to forgive and forget............to let my first anniversary pass from our lives unnoticed.  I was taught from a biblical standpoint to turn the other cheek...................unfortunately, I only have four.
      It first started, when she began not to come home at night.  Now , I didn't need a road map............but, there were other events that .............well, let's just say that I ran out of cheeks to turn.  The next event was a phone call in the middle of the night............I had just watched a movie called "If a man answers, hang up".   Well, I answered and whomever it was,   hung up, a chill ran down my neck............couldn't be.  Later, when she answered..........it was a male, Korean voice clearly audible to me at 4 Am..   When I asked who it was , she told me it was her girlfriend.................that woman need female hormone injections.  Next, came Hectors' wife..........she had already been caught with another woman's husband............................a fact that I'd already been told by my wife about.  The woman wanted an excuse to leave her husband.............what are friends for?    She came for dinner and we all went for a swim at the apartment pool.....................................where she grabbed my crotch, while obscured below the waters surface..................later, she exposed her naked breasts to me......................while I was feeding Charlie as I sat on the Sofa...........my spouse was in the shower.   Then came the Friday that was ever so special...............she called me at work and told me to pick Charlie up at the babysitters.  She wasn't going to be available.  I asked where she was going to be and was told...........................none of my business.  On the following Sunday, she called collect ........just to check in.  I guess she was trying to gauge my mindset..............maybe she felt guilty....................nah.   When the phone bill came in............I called the number listed ...............................Best Western, Deming New Mexico.
       I was frustrated, hurt,betrayed.................... once again.  Damn, I was a dumb ass!  The guys I worked with in the motorpool were going to a large dance club called "Dallas".............I was invited to go.............it was my first................................. and last outing in El Paso, Texas.  I walked in the door with a heavy cloud hanging over my head.  I tried to fit in............................be one of the guys.  All I could think about was what was happening in my home life.   The more Tequila I consumed, the more angry and depressed I became. I walked out into the parking lot.......knowing I was not fit company.  I sat down in between parked cars and tried to think...................the only emotion I had now was rage.  I punched a car over and over until I felt the bone in my right  hand snap.  I realized what I had done and rolled  onto my side and eventually passed out.  The guys found me and I slept into the morning hours before formation, (gathering of the troops).  I was permitted to go home and get into uniform and return to duty.  I was amazed that I hadn't heard from my superiors................................braking my hand was destruction of government property by their standard  .  I worked throughout the day as my hangover passed and my pain increased.................I knew it was to good to be true.    The Commanding Officer and First Sargent walked through the door to see me personally.....................they asked about what had happened ,and I interrupted them.......................asking if I could get down in the front leaning rest position and give them 20 push ups before we started.   I was allowed to proceed...................and gave them 20 push ups with a broken right hand.   They looked at each other and the CO stated that, it must have hurt like hell............. I agreed.  Then  they concluded our meeting................that was it. .My face was beet red............ but , I had to show them that I was willing to accept my punishment..................and my pain.  .After work, I went home,  got a shower, went to the military hospital and had my hand set in a cast.
         The CO could have pulled me in for disciplinary action..................I'm thankful that he was an understanding man. Was I wrong?  Absolutely.   I can't and won't try to justify my behavior or actions.  This wouldn't be my first broken bone due to my inability to adjust to my circumstances........................I have broken many of my possessions as well.   Inside there is a anger that I couldn't seem to find an outlet for..............I blame myself, so I hurt myself.  Enough for this day.
                                  Until next time.........................................God Bless.

No comments: