Saturday, December 10, 2011

United As One

Hey All,   There are times in everybodys' life, when circumstances rise, that we call acts of God.   They are hard to work through and accept..................prayer, faith and the loving support from those in your life that care about you....................will see you through them.
      In the 2005,  we were busily consumed by circumstances beyond our control.  Mom passed away and although I had expected this to happen.......................I was surprised that it hadn't happened long ago. We returned home after her funeral and settled in to our lives again.  Charlie was working with me.............earning money for school and picking up some trade skills along the way.  In the 1st week of April, while I was at Dr appointment............................Charlie was crushed between the tailgate of my work truck and the back of another car.  He was organizing my tools as he waited for me in the parking lot.................a young lady, backing her car and talking on her cell phone with her dad,  wasn't paying attention.  Charlies' leg was crushed.............but not broken, as well as wrenching his lower spine.  He has recovered with physical therapy and Gods grace.
      A week after Charlies accident, on beautiful Sunday morning...................Penny found a lump in her breast.  I rescheduled all my jobs and took her to the walk in clinic the next morning.  Health care for anyone with cancer is pretty fast paced.............you move from doctor to doctor...............so that your treatment begins immediately...............your chance of survival is better.  It was a tough six months for Penny............anyone who has had chemotherapy, knows the toll it takes on your body and soul.  They feel overall.................lousy.  They watch their hair fall out.................and cry.  All anyone can do for them is to hold them............be there for them.............let them know you love them.....................no matter what.  I fell in love with a woman..........................a person..........a soul.  I still will love her, even if she should lose her hair...................or have a mastectomy, which she didn't need to do. Penny has given me her love and has been dedicated to me.......................how can I be anything else for her?  Especially, when she needs me most.  After chemo, then there's radiation.................daily doses, and a medication called  tomoxifen...............a drug to help stop any more tumors.   Through the accidents and illness................we have survived.  We didn't have health insurance....................I was self employed and couldn't afford it.  Charlie and Penny are both doing well.  Charlie has made a full recovery and hikes the Adirondacks on a regular basis. I'm very proud of the man he has............... and will continue to become.  Penny is six years from the horrible illness that had caused her so much anguish......................she is cancer free. She still works for the local market.........................and loves to cook....................I am a lucky man.    We are very, very thankful......................for there were so many that cared and prayed.......................God answered those prayers.  At a time of the year, when we celebrate Gods greatest gift...........................one to be treasured above all others..................remember that, what is important isn't the silver and gold.......................it's the gift of love.  Through God....................through the ones who wipe your brow when your sick............ ....hold you when your scared.................love you despite your flaws.....................and pray for your soul.
         Penny and Charlie were saved by Gods hand..........................................and they were here for me, when I needed to be saved from myself.  We find ourselves without health care once again.................thanks to CBSD.    It's  hard to remain positive,  when you have been surrounded by so much negative for so long.  I am reminded by friends and my family........................I am not alone.  I know that this is true..........I have God, Penny, Charlie, Tom and other close family members that support and believe in me..........and many of you too. Thank you for the giving a part of yourselves........................ Merry Christmas.
                                        Until next time...............................God Bless.

No comments: